Conflict Coaching for health and social care professionals
When conflict cannot be avoided.
Conflict is not inherently negative but our reaction to it can be. Many people find conflict uncomfortable and our response is not always helpful in resolving issues. Health and social care managers regularly deal with conflict within teams but may feel ill-equipped to manage it well. Poorly managed conflict has a high personal and financial cost and impacts on patient safety. This is where the Medical Mediation Foundation can help.
Learn how to manage your experience of conflict
Our experienced conflict coaches will help you:
- Get clarity on the conflict situation
- Understand your own conflict style
- Feel empowered to manage conflict situations
- Develop awareness of your own needs and the needs of others
How we work
Conflict coaching is a confidential process where you are safe to explore your current situation without judgement. Your coach will support you to get perspective, identify how you wish to move forward and feel confident in managing conflict. Our process includes:
- A 30 minute “chemistry meeting” to identify keys issues and if coaching is suitable
- 1-to-1 sessions in person, by phone or videocall - Sessions last up to 1 hr 30 mins
- A review after 2 sessions to ensure progress is being made
- 4-6 sessions on average
- Follow up session to ensure change is embedded
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss how we can help you become more conflict resilient and move forward with confidence.