Teams in difficulty
This is a brief introduction for this page, appearing at the top like so in this box to provide an overview of its contents.
Conflict is common in teams.
"As a new Head of Service I have found MMF’s support personally and professionally incredibly helpful."
Head of Service, Evelina London Children's Hospital
Effective team working is crucial to providing safe clinical care. Dysfunctional working relationships have an impact on those directly involved, other departments and patient safety. Disruptive behaviour, factions, disagreements and breakdown in communication harms staff and patients and rarely resolves without intervention. This is where the Medical Mediation Foundation can help.
Clinical team facilitation can help.
We help clinical teams to:
- Engage in meaningful conversations to move them forward.
- Develop a shared vision
- Agree their “team rules” and how they will behave with each other
- Address problematic behaviours without formalising the issue.
- Develop resilience to cope with external pressures
How we work
"Working with MMF has been invaluable in supporting our service by facilitating and mediating historical individual and team conflict... enabling the service to achieve, develop and deliver enhanced clinical outputs in children’s services with a more engaged and cohesive workforce."
Head of Occupational Therapy, Evelina London Children's Hospital
Our experienced facilitators are also trained mediators and are expert in helping a group to engage in constructive, open discussions. We help teams to articulate the difficulties they face and create their own solutions. Our process includes:
- Meeting with the senior management team to understand the issues
- Facilitated team meetings
- Option for 1-to-1 interventions with a conflict coach
- Agreement summary report
- Follow up session to ensure change is embedded