For teams in difficulty
Conflict is common in health and social care teams.
Effective team working is crucial to
providing safe clinical care. Dysfunctional working relationships have an
impact on those directly involved, other departments and patient safety.
Disruptive behaviour, factions, disagreements and breakdown in communication
harms staff and patients and rarely resolves without intervention. This is
where the Medical Mediation Foundation can help.
As a new Head of Service I have found MMF’s support personally and professionally incredibly helpful.
– Head of Service, Evelina London Children's Hospital
Clinical team facilitation
We help clinical teams to:
- Engage in meaningful conversations to move them forward.
- Develop a shared vision
- Agree their “team rules” and how they will behave with each other
- Address problematic behaviours without formalising the issue.
- Develop resilience to cope with external pressures
How we work
Working with MMF has been invaluable in supporting our service by facilitating and mediating historical individual and team conflict... enabling the service to achieve, develop and deliver enhanced clinical outputs in children’s services with a more engaged and cohesive workforce.
– Head of Occupational Therapy, Evelina London Children's Hospital
Our experienced facilitators are also trained mediators and are expert in helping a group to engage in constructive, open discussions. We help teams to articulate the difficulties they face and create their own solutions. Our process includes:
- Meeting with the senior management team to understand the issues
- Facilitated team meetings
- Option for 1-to-1 interventions with a conflict coach
- Agreement summary report
- Follow up session to ensure change is embedded
Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss how we can help your team move forward together.