Good communication is everyone’s business.
Compassionate communication is just as important as clinical expertise, but many health and social care professionals have not received any formal training to help them deal with difficult and complex conversations. MMF’s tailor-made training is supported by research and provides professionals with the skills and confidence to listen to patients and families and avoid conflict.
We can help your team to:
- Recognise conflict early and intervene to prevent escalation
- Understand individual conflict styles and learn how to interact with others
- Feel confident in dealing with difficult conversations
- Develop a culture of compassionate communication
We have developed a conflict management framework, an evidence-based methodology, to help staff identify and manage conflict situations in health and social care settings.
The quality of the facilitators was captivating and motivating. It has been an amazing and worthwhile training. There was a lot of positive feedback from all staff.
– Service Manager, Royal Belfast Hospital for Sick Children
I can commend the Medical Mediation Foundation without reservation. I would wholeheartedly recommend them in helping your team to navigate the conflict, complaints and shared decision making required of modern intensive care management.
– Consultant in Anaesthesia, Critical Care and Paediatric Pain Medicine, Royal Cornwall Hospital Trust
The training has improved the way we communicate with families and has enabled us to support cultural changes in our teams and empower staff.
– Matron, Leeds Children’s Hospital